Counted Out Card Trickby John Kurlak
The spectator chooses and memorizes a card. The magician cuts the deck and shuffles. Then, the magician asks the spectator to name any number from 1 to 20. The magician deals that many cards onto the table. The last card dealt is the spectator's card.
- Allow the spectator to choose and memorize a card.
- Split the deck and let the spectator replace his card.
- Catch a pinky break below the spectator's card as you close the deck.
- Perform a double undercut, bringing the spectator's card to the bottom of the deck.
- Perform a bottom retention overhand shuffle.
- Ask the spectator to name any number from 1 to 20.
- Glide the bottom card and deal the specified number of cards onto the table from the bottom of the deck, counting aloud as you go.
- When you get to the specified number, deal the glided card.
- Ask the spectator to turn over the last card dealt. It should be his card.