Quick Prediction Card Trickby John Kurlak
The magician starts by placing a prediction card face down on the table. Then, the magician riffles through the deck and asks the spectator to say "Stop!" at any time. When the spectator says "Stop," the magician splits the deck at that spot and asks the spectator to remove the card he stopped on. The magician then turns over the card on the table to reveal that it has the same value and color as the spectator's card.
- Spread through the deck with the faces towards you.
- Glance at the top card of the deck (the card at the bottom of the spread).
- Find the mate of the top card (the card with the same value and color; for example, the mate of the Seven of Hearts is the Seven of Diamonds).
- Pull out the mate and place it face down on the table, saying, "This is my prediction."
- Turn the deck face down, and perform a riffle force, forcing the spectator to select the top card of the deck.
- Turn over the card on the table to reveal that the spectator chose the card with the same value and color as the card on the table.